Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The famous stagette...what has it become?

I've learned a few things while planning my best friend's stagette. These parties are not what they used to be. Her mom said that when she got married (almost 30 years ago) that they sat around at her mom's house, drank wine and played board games. Now these bachelorette parties are made up of sweet drinks, raunchy games, silly costumes and naked men. I have finally realized that women are sometimes worse then men!
I cannot claim to be much better, I have taken this opportunity to fulfill my dirty side and found the 'penis' theme to be quite entertaining. You can get everything from cookie cutters to water bottles in the shape of this male member. I went the way of penis straws and candy, candy nipple tassels and frilly panties for her. I also rented a room at one of the local clubs where we will have dinner and then take part in the male entertainment.
The next issue is MONEY MONEY MONEY! It will probably end up costing me close to $500 when all is said and done. $250 for the room and limo ride, $150 for silly gifts and decorations and probably another $100 for drinks for herself and I as well as dinner. Don't get me wrong, she is definitely worth it, she's been my best friend for 11 years. However, spending $500 to be surrounded by women for 8 hours is not my idea of a bargain.
In the end, I'm sure it will be a fantastic time and lots of fun. I just never realized what went into planning these things. The other thing to keep in mind, is many people will get all excited with the bride to be when she gushes about having male dancers at her stag...but when push comes to shove, I've had at least 5 people back out due to this act. These people never expressed a concern to her, but will be leaving shortly after dinner, or not coming at all, to avoid being in the same room as mostly naked men. And these guys don't even get completely naked! I've never been to a show like that, but I'd do almost anything for my dear friend...and to stare at nicely tanned and greased men! Not my usual attraction at all, but you get caught up in the moment.


No comments: