Tuesday, September 18, 2012

And again...

So a guy calls me at work asking for the person in charge of the website and all our technology support. I advise that's me (we have a small office so I manage). He replies, "Oh really?" Yup that's me, what do you want? "Oh my name is Hector and I'm from some bullshit company that specializes in web design and helps with a business' online image. We also provide all the tech support for your business. I'd like to talk to you about that." I advise we are just fine and do not need extra support. "And you do it all? Maybe we should meet, we can help as little was you want or as much as we should." As much as you 'should' hey?!

He kept going on and on and every time I described that it was me doing the web and all again I'd get this "You huh" or "Oh really". He keeps describing the things he can help with and I keep telling him what I already do on my own. Then I remember that I do have good old Kevin helping me with off-site back-up and I advise I do have added support from a tech from such and such a company and if I happened to forget all I know and need someone's help it would be him that I'd ask. "Oh, well I guess we wouldn't want to take away from that then, good luck with that." *click*

I'm curious how that conversation would have gone if I sounded manly or in fact was a dude! Don't underestimate me just because I have tits! I'm not sure why I even let that conversation go and didn't just hang up.

No comments: