Sunday, October 23, 2016

I work for it...

So I had someone tell me recently I'm lucky to the have the body type that I do. I said no, actually I'm not. They then proceeded to tell me I looked great and they wished they could reach the same point. I was angry, and told them they can, as this is not my "body type" and I work very hard to even just maintain what I have. I wanted to stress, to those that know me, how hard I actually work and was going to share something motivating on social media. "If I can do it, you can too!" Blah blah blah... But then I remembered how I've had a few people tell me they hate my posts about working out and my progress shots.

So instead, my loyal blog readers, I rant to you. I am still 10 lbs from my goal weight, however I've reached my goal weight and it was too skinny. My hip bones jutted, my ribs stuck out farther than my breasts, my face sagged and it was hard to maintain. I have struggled with my weight since puberty, tried every shake, supplement and fad diet. I wanted the easy fix. Then, almost 4 years ago I added exercise into my routine. I am in better shape now than I have been my entire life. Like a fine wine, better with age!

That being said, I like food. No...LOVE food, and am quite addicted to it. I general do OK, choosing healthier options, make most foods from scratch and eat mindfully. However, life is too short, and I want to enjoy what I like and with my slow metabolism and "body type" I workout to maintain my weight. I workout a lot. Below is a look at my week, my exercise has become a priority in my life and I get up between 5:00 and 6:00, six mornings a week to make sure I do it. Then I also do evening workouts when time and body allow. I track each one separately and am doing a lot of weight training to tone now that I've lost the weight I wanted to. So my workouts vary quite a bit in calorie burning. If I do a short cardio routine, I'll do a second short routine or add 20 min of yoga in after it. So no, I'm not lucky to have my "body type" because I have to work fucking hard to stay in shape, way harder than a lot of people. But to me, at this point in my life, it's worth it and I feel awesome when I stay on track.

/rant





No comments: