- 2 tbsp of olive oil in a soup pot
- 1 onion sliced (if I have no fresh onions I throw in a few tsp dried onion)
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley or 1 tsp dry
- 1 tbsp chives
- 2 heads, or so, romaine lettuce chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock (I use 4 cups water and 2 bullion cubes if I don't have my own stock)
I cook everything in the oil until the lettuce is wilted. Then I add the stock and boil a bit. I blend carefully in my blender, I use a Blendtec and it works amazing for creamy soup. If I didn't have such a good blender I'd probably lower stock by 1 cup and add 1/2 cream after blending to thicken.
After blended I put back in the pot and throw in some Swedish meatballs. Wish I had leftovers, could use the comfort food now! Mmmmmm...