Saturday, November 26, 2016

Food

My favorite thing to make when I have lettuce that is starting to wilt. Lettuce soup. Now don't be shied away, this soup is surprisingly amazing. If you like soup.

  • 2 tbsp of olive oil in a soup pot
  • 1 onion sliced (if I have no fresh onions I throw in a few tsp dried onion)
  • 2 cloves garlic chopped
  • 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley or 1 tsp dry
  • 1 tbsp chives
  • 2 heads, or so, romaine lettuce chopped 
  • 4 cups chicken stock (I use 4 cups water and 2 bullion cubes if I don't have my own stock)
I cook everything in the oil until the lettuce is wilted. Then I add the stock and boil a bit. I blend carefully in my blender, I use a Blendtec and it works amazing for creamy soup. If I didn't have such a good blender I'd probably lower stock by 1 cup and add 1/2 cream after blending to thicken. 

After blended I put back in the pot and throw in some Swedish meatballs. Wish I had leftovers, could use the comfort food now! Mmmmmm...




No comments: