Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Don't let yourself go...

A fear of mine in life, ever since I lost all my excess weight, was gaining it all back later in life. I have many friends who are married now and so many of them have just given up. One friend was smaller then me, after she got married she gained at least 100 lbs. She sort of gave up on life in general. When I moved away I had one night left and was hoping to see her before I left. She called to say that her husband was saying home that night, so she was going to stay home too. Last chance to see me and that's what happened? I have not seen her since. The kicker was...I'm the one that set her up with her husband. She is now still very big. In fact, almost everyone I know that has been married has gained a lot of weight after marriage. Do not give up on yourself, if you do not want to stay in shape for your spouse...DO IT FOR YOURSELF!

This does not only apply to married people, anyone, why do you not take care of yourself? I do not understand how you can risk your health so much and not do anything about it. Personally, I want to live as long as I can and as healthy as I can. I am only 25 yet I eat healthy, organic and balanced diets. I do splurge now and then, but my every day choices are well thought out. I was buying groceries on Saturday, my cart was full of veggies, items that contain no added salt, organic yogurt, goats milk and various other items. If you stop eating foods with added salt you will be amazed at the flavours you discover! I cook everything from scratch and know what is going in my meals, if you plan, this is just as easy as opening a box of mac and cheese. If you do not have the time to cook, make better choices. Have salads, buy soups with reduced salt, there is so much you can do. The man in front of me at the grocery store, was so big he could not bend over to pick up the items off the bottom rack of his shopping cart. Yet his cart was filled with cheezies, extremely salty soups and other prepared foods. His wife was there to pay and I just wondered to myself, if you love him, why don't you help him.

Do it for you, not for anyone else...FOR YOU. I eat the way I do, go to the gym at least 3 times a week and walk to work when I can...only for me. I am still not a skinny person, but I feel good, I only see my doctor once a year and when I do she always comments how good my blood work is and how healthy I am. So look at yourself, and try. I would say it is important to be happy with yourself, but I know how hard that is. I am my worst critic, never feel great about myself or feel that I do not deserve when good things come to me and am always shocked. But I am growing to at least accept myself and make the best of it. Always improve.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are so right! I am a living example of married food as is my future ex-wife... Ce la vie.

I love it, one of my life quotes is" Live life to the fullest, cause you never know when it is gonna end."