Wednesday, October 30, 2013

It begins...




Planning and purchasing the Halloween costume. Items to get: dress, gloves, earrings, shoes, wig. Off e-bay with shipping, over $120! Lets try something else, off Amazon $62...perfect. Excitement about the upcoming Halloween party, make-up artist booked and I'm ready! Then the sudden realization I've double booked myself and cannot go to the party. Well what am I going to do with this costume now? I really have always wanted to do a pin-up girl photo-shoot...hmmmmm...

After a lot of searching, asking questions, changing dates, the time has arrived! I leave work early to go to the lab of a make-up graphics artist I've never met in person, 1.5 hours later I'm transformed. After airbrushing, covering up my natural eyebrows with wax and make-up to redraw them higher on my face, covering up my hair and placing the wig, redrawing my lips, fake eyelashes, why do women do this stuff!? I'm ready...



Coordinator a photographer, make-up artist and model (myself) was not easy. Schedules never seemed to match up quite right. Unfortunately after the date had been moved 3 times I finally had to lose someone, I couldn't find anyone else who did the graphics make-up, and I couldn't replace myself, so on the hunt for a new photographer. I messaged many, asked friends for referrals, I wanted to find that perfect one. One photographer seemed more excited than the others so I thought I'd see what more she had to say. When I received the message that she had approval from the owner of a lounge that is in historical building to use his space I was curious. Then I read, "We'll do it there because Jessica needs a stage to perform on." I knew she was the one. After waiting a bit for her to set up and test the lights, we were good to go!




I'm so excited to see the final pictures and worried I'm going to like them all as I cannot afford the full disc to have digital and printing rights! Such a fun experience. My back and feet hurt by the end. I still hear in my head, "Boobs out!" over and over and over.










I got home after the shoot and looked in the mirror before starting to wash my make-up off. After all that I just couldn't let it go so I took some random selfies...




This one turned out really cartoonistic for some reason. Only filter I used was a greyscale. 


Ready to get comfortable...about to tackle removing this mask!











3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent work. Roger Rabbit would be the happiest in the world. I love the grey scale look too. Its all really cool and beautiful. Makes me want to go to a full make artist to do something like that.

Oxide

Unknown said...

That leg

Anonymous said...

Wow! Just wow! Did I mention... WOW! Yup definitely Wow!