- I entered the required information to redirect my custom domain to my Blogger blog, reviewed instructions from Godaddy and Blogger to ensure I completed everything correctly.
- To ensure I had entered everything correctly I asked Godaddy support to check. I was told to wait 24-48 hours before asking for support.
- Waiting patiently checking every few hours
- Requested support as it was not working 48 hours after making the changes
- Godaddy replied with a standard e-mailing containing instructions, I scrolled through seeing everything I had already completed.
- Advised Godaddy that I had already completed these steps.
- Godaddy replied blaming Google for it not working, advising I contact them.
- Searched and searched for a way to contact google and settled on posting on their support forums.
- Back and forth with someone on the support forums for Google, made more changes still not working.
- Decided to forward my domain instead of redirecting.
- Made the changes according to Godaddy's online instructions
- Asked for support as it is still not forwarding
- Godaddy sends me the same instructions as are available online
- Wait 24 hours and still not working
- Godaddy advises I have the wrong IP for the A Record (even though I had followed their instructions earlier). They make the changes themselves and advise to wait 24-48 hours again
- Still not working, I ask for assistance
- Am advised to wait 24-48 hours before anyone will assist
- squeezetoy.ca is working but not www.squeezetoy.ca I ask for assistance (tired of even checking my DNS anymore which I probably should have as I would have spotted the error)
- Ask for support and am advised that everything is working fine and that I must submit screenshots
- Reply it is not working and www.squeezetoy.ca directs to an error page
- Receive an e-mail from Godaddy support that my WWW CNAME had been removed so they fixed it...page worked instantly after that, no more waiting 24 hours!
So finally it is working. 8 days of back and forth, wonder how much that cost them in staff hours of replying to my annoying e-mails. They could have just helped me in the first place. The redirect never did work and I am still unsure if it is Godaddy or Google's fault as they blame each other. Oh well, forwarding is fine. I think this is good enough motivation to not move my blog again!! GAH!