Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Lunch

During my quest to reach my health goals something I always struggle with is salt cravings. I'm not a huge sweet foods fan and often only crave things like ice cream which I can work around if need be. Salt cravings always get me...today is especially difficult it seems. My desk is piled with paperwork and other stresses pushing me to seek comfort in food. While on holidays I watched what I ate for the first 3 days, ran on the treadmill and swam while at the hotel and only gained 2 lbs when I arrived back home even though I cheated for 2 days. Yesterday I was careful again and started back up with my pool workouts and this morning I was thrilled to see I was back down. This is helping with my motivation not to run to the nearest Chinese food restaurant for a big greasy meal...

Instead I'm trying these. I must say, they are not bad. Salty, no horrible flavor, crunchy, so at this time they fulfill my craving! Just need to make it through, keep pushing on! I'm 7 lbs to my goal! Then if I'm feeling really brave only 9 lbs from there to my ultimate goal...

No comments: