Friday, May 25, 2012

Oh yum...

So I finally decided to try my hand at those mini corndog muffins I keep seeing on Pinterest. I used the following recipe:

  • 1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup buttermilk (I mixed 1 tbsp lemon juice and enough milk to make 1 cup and let stand for 5 minutes)
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 cup organic cornmeal
  • 1 cup all purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • Free range pork smokies cut into 1/2" pieces
I mixed the wet and dry separately and then combined. Dropped 1 TBSP of batter in a mini muffin tin and pressed down the smokie bites.


I then baked for 12 minutes at 375F. I found the pieces with the smokie cooked for about 15 minutes and the ones without were done faster. Cook until the cornbread is browning. Anyway these were amazing and I think I may try with cheese smokies as well!

No comments: