Friday, September 7, 2012

The Canadian tuxedo

I've never seen the allure of denim. I mean don't get me wrong I love a nice ass (men or women) hugged by the material and in cowboy country there are plenty. I just see that in this world when we are always out of our comfort zones why would we want to cover ourselves in a stiff fabric that is like cement when it gets wet.

My days of semi casual business attire are on hold for a practicum placement due to my never ending education. Since my casual wardrobe is limited to hiking gear and yoga fashions I've had to resort to jeans that are usually reserved for helping on the farm, otherwise I'd be rotating the same 3 pants for the next 4 months.

I wonder if my dislike for stiff tightly woven cotton (that's right, I said "stiff") stems from wearing it so much during my childhood when I spent so many weekends and summers on the farm. Or it was the fact that my mom bought me denim with a jersey cow print all over and I actually wore them! Yes there are pictures...

Anyway, off I go in my jeans...maybe I need to wear them more and I'd start enjoying it again.

No comments: