Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Heterochromia iridum

Apparently my multi-colored eye is due to genetic mosaicism. I didn't realize one of my eyes was 2 different colors until I was on a date and the sun was shining in my eyes. The guy suddenly said, "Wow you have amazing eyes." Probably the best thing to come out of that date!

It's only apparent under certain light when a brown splash becomes apparent. Some days it is more apparent than others as my eyes go from hazel to grey-green contrasting more with the brown. I have one picture where I was able to really capture the color difference, otherwise it is difficult and most people only notice in person and under certain lighting. 

The picture is a few years old, however, recently an article circulated about what causes this color difference in cats and I thought, "Hey I have that!"



No comments: