Monday, March 24, 2008

I shed tears, not only for the one I did not know, but for my dear friend who lost her...

One of my very dear friend lost his dog early this morning. She had a bad reaction yesterday to a wasp sting, which resulted in her eventually suffering a stroke.
I did not know her, only received pictures and heard about her all the time. I still weep for her, and for my friend. Insane I know, that I cry for someone's dog, but it is more the pain, I know he is hurting and I wish i could take that away. I think it hits me harder because I almost lost my cat a few weeks ago, and just the thought and reminder that he will die some day, tears my heart out. I wish I could be there for him, and give him a hug. Losing a pet is losing a friend that fills a space no one else can. She was 14 years old and I know had a wonderful life and was loved. My friend was so strong, he said he kept going up until the point he told me this morning. So we shed some tears together.Rest in peace Mallory, I know you will be missed by your dear friend and owner. My thoughts are with you both today.
After the clouds, the sunshine,
after the winter, the spring,
after the shower, the rainbow,
for life is a changeable thing.
After the night, the morning,
bidding all darkness cease,
after life's cares and sorrows,
the comfort and sweetness of peace.

-Helen Steiner Rice

No comments: